Welcome!

I've set up this blog so that all my friends, relations and colleagues in the world of writing can keep up to speed with what I'm doing - from now on, I'll never have to say sorry for not keeping in touch.

Or anyway, that's the plan.

So do please link up with me on Facebook and Twitter - https://www.facebook.com/margaret.james.5268 and https://twitter.com/majanovelist

You can find my novels as digital downloads on Apple iTunes, Kobo, Kindle and Nook, and most are available as print paperbacks, too.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Book of the Month - January 2012


My book of the month for January is The Generation Game, a wonderful first novel by Sophie Duffy.

It's about a child growing up in an extended family in which nobody is quite what they seem, and throughout the novel there are many surprising revelations, all of which astonished me, but in a good way!

The best thing about this novel for me was the engaging and charming narrative voice of the heroine, who makes mistakes, who is sometimes unjust to the people who love her best, who misunderstands and who is occasionally deliberately wrong-headed, but who is still the sort of person I'd like for a best friend. If you read this novel, I'm willing to bet that by page 10 you'll be best friends with Philippa Smith, too.

Sophie has already won two literary awards (the Yeovil and the Luke Bitmead) and I'm sure she will win many more. I'm SO looking forward to reading her next novel.

At the moment, the Kindle version of The Generation Game is on Amazon's UK website at less than two quid, so do please download it and give it a go - you won't be sorry!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Generation-Game-ebook/dp/B005VF4NPC/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1325422034&sr=1-1

No comments:

Post a Comment